[Insight-users] cardiac vessels image segmentation

charfeddine amir charfeddine_amir at yahoo.fr
Fri Mar 10 06:30:06 EST 2006

 Hi Ivan
 I've read section 9.5.1 Hough Transform from the ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf, and i tried  the example   Examples/Segmentation/HoughTransform2DLinesImageFilter.cxx,
 but i didn't Get significant results (i get lines allong diagonals and not the vessels).
 Many people speak about Hessian Matrice in the vessels blood segmentation, but i didn't know something about it before, and i didn't now how to use it in my case, and especially from where to start?
 I didn't want to extract or to measure blood vessels, but to segment image containing blood vessels so that to make them clear and brights and hide other structure.
 a gray level segmentation don't give satisfaisant results.
 thx for your time and help,
 Regards,

Iván Macía <imacia at vicomtech.es> a écrit :       Hi Charfeddine,

 itk::Hessian3DToVesselnessMeasureImageFilter is the  implementation of the work you mention. It takes as input a tensor image with  the hessian matrix calculated at every point.
 http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1Hessian3DToVesselnessMeasureImageFilter.html

 Also have a look at the VesselnessMeasureImageFilter  example or the Curves3DExtractor application.

 Regards

 Iván