[Insight-users] More compilation problems with VectorImage

Karthik Krishnan Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
Fri Mar 10 11:29:22 EST 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 09:53 +0100, Dr. Uwe Köhler wrote:
> Following up on my earlier email, I got further compilation problems related
> to the use of VectorImages:
>
> I was unable to use VectorRescaleIntensityImageFilter with a

> /usr/local/include/InsightToolkit/BasicFilters/itkVectorRescaleIntensityImageFilter.h:37:
> error: ‘Dimension’ is not a member of ‘itk::VariableLengthVector<int>’

Clearly this class can be used *only* with Images with pixel types that
have the PixelType::Dimension typedef available.
such as itk::Vector where the length is a fixed value

That's the way the class was written. There is nothing that can be done
to change it, without breaking the API. Its easy to write a filter that
does the job, but this filter will not do.

Maybe that's an another reason for Concept Checking in ITK just like
Boost.

> Who can tell me which filters work with VectorImage or do I have to try them
> out?

Personlly, I've used a few filters I needed to in the past, such as
RecursiveGaussianFilter for smoothing etc..

As before, filters that do not make an assumption that the Dimension is
fixed, such as the ones you just tried, and filters that do not assume
that pixels are scalar should generally work just fine..