[Insight-users] Java wrapping : other than default c++ template instantiatons

Gaetan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Thu Mar 23 10:44:50 EST 2006

Andre,

You should be interested in WrapITK. It's an extended wrapping system for
itk which support to select the dimensions you want to have (and lots more
things).
The bad point is that we are not java developers, and haven't been able to
test it with java. We are still searching someone with enough java
knowledge to do that.
Would you agree to test it, and send us feedback about what work and what
fail ? We will try to help/debug as quickely as possible.

WrapITK can be downloaded at

    http://voxel.jouy.inra.fr/darcs/contrib-itk/WrapITK/WrapITK.tar.gz

or directly with darcs (http://www.darcs.net)

    darcs get --partial http://voxel.jouy.inra.fr/darcs/contrib-itk/WrapITK

Regards,

Gaetan

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 14:18:18 +0100, <a.bongers at mediri.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to wrap ITK for Java. Since I want to use higher dimensions
> of the itk objects (e.g. unsigned short in 5 Dimensions), I need to
> change the default settings for the java wrapping for swig. In other
> words, I would like to change the settings how the c++ templates are
> instantiated for the wrapping.
> Since I do not really know where (and how) I can set the classes that are
> going to be instantiated as java wrapper classes and I did not find any
> documentation on thet eithe I hope anybody in here could help me.
>
> I already looked through the ".i" files in the cswig folder but
> couldn't find where swig is told how to instantiate the c++templates.
> The default instantiation of 2D and 3D classes works fine.
>
> Thanks very much
>
> Andre

Gaëtan Lehmann
INRA de Jouy-en-Josas (France)
tel: +33 1 34 65 29 66    fax: 01 34 65 29 09
http://voxel.jouy.inra.fr