[Insight-users] itk::MinimumMaximumImageCalculator with VectorImage

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue May 2 10:20:44 EDT 2006

Hi Markus,

                        This is not a bug.

It seems that you are misusing the MinimumMaximumImageCalculator class.

In order to find the minimum of a set of pixels, the pixel type must
support the concept of comparison "<", "min" and "max".

Such operations are not defined for a mathematical Vector.

In other words,...

            When is vector A < vector B ??

probably the only reasonable definition is to say:

           when Magnitude of A < Magnitude of B

in which case, what you should feed into the MinimumMaximumImage
Calculator class is the image Magnitude of the vector image,
instead of the vector image itself.

Please let us know if you still find any problems using this class.