[Insight-users] Setting FEM - deformation field

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue May 2 10:26:02 EDT 2006

Hi Markus,

Your assumption is correct.

If you provide an initial deformation field, the registration
process will take it as the initial condition and will compute
incremental deformations from that initial condition.

The deformation field resulting from the registration process
will be combination of the initial deformation field and the
additional deformations computed by solving the FEM system.

Please let us know if you find any problem while passing
the initial deformation field.