[Insight-users] Reading a Tiff image series

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Thu May 4 11:14:50 EDT 2006

Hi Camilo,

	See my comments interlaced.

Camilo Melani wrote:
> *Hi, I'm trying  to read a series of TIFF images captured with a
> confocal microscope, but ITK give me this error message.
> Error Message:
> *
> TIFFReadDirectory: Warning,
> e:/Documentos/Universidad/Data/ch0/t01_001.tif: unknown field with tag
> 33923 (0x8483) encountered.

A warning is not an error message, you can safely discard this message.

> *I send also a link to the images I'm trying to read.
> http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/4415f191ma8e3b5a7/bc/Imagenes/images.zip?bf8ybWEBPx7Z_y9k
> *

The link does not work for me :(

> TIFFFieldWithTag: Internal error, unknown tag 0x866c.
> Assertion failed: fip != NULL, file
> E:\lenguajes\Insight\Utilities\tiff\tif_dirinfo.c, line 468
>
> abnormal program termination

This is pretty bad, this means there is a problem at the tifflib level.
I thought all the bugs were solved to handle private tags. Just to be
sure could you send me a copy of this file causing you trouble ?

Thanks
Mathieu