[Insight-users] ICP progress monitoring still not working(?)

Patrick De Smet p_de_smet at hotmail.com
Fri May 12 07:43:03 EDT 2006

Dear all,

according to some initial experiments I did, quite some doc digging, and
finally
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/insight-users/2006-February/016612.html
it would seem it is not possible to monitor ICP. Is this still true?

Are there going to be any future changes to this situation?

Do you have suggestions for another fast solution
("fast": adaptation/easy to understand  ICP-source code package) that I
could use instead?

Also, if I set  numberOfIterations =  10;
in IterativeClosestPoint2.cxx
with some simple experimental point sets I get

vnl_levenberg_marquardt: too many iterations
vnl_levenberg_marquardt: 2 iterations, 10 evaluations, 8 residuals.  RMS
error start/end 1.0247/0.560419

Ok, it is a VNL problem not ITK (?)  but maybe someone could crosspost to
point out
that their errors are confusing/not explaining a lot : 2 iterations <> 10
--> error should read "too many evaluations" ?

Thanks!
regards,
P.De Smet