[Insight-users] noise problem

liu jianfei flair.liu at gmail.com
Tue May 16 17:10:05 EDT 2006

Dear all

   I wanted to add different level of noise into some volume data.  I
knew how to add single level noise into the data by using
itk::Statistics::NormalVariateGenerator class. However, the generating
volume only has uniform noise in everywhere. In real noisy medical
image, it's common that the noise level should be different in
different parts. I know I could change noise level in different
position by controlling my program. But I don't know wheater it's
reasonable. Can someone recommend me a more resonable method to
generate nonuniform noise to simulate the real situation? Thanks!

--
Sincerly
Jianfei Liu