[Insight-users] Generalized Distance Transform

Gaetan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Wed May 24 04:54:42 EDT 2006

Hi,

No shame to promote your work - I already complained about lack of
discussion on the insight journal, so everything which can be done to
solve that is welcome.
I already had a look at your article and at your code, and I will post a
full review as soon as I get some time to do so. I hope others will do the
same :-)
I think I will also send you a patch to make your code easier to use in
WrapITK (and the WrapITK configuration files). Hopefully there will not be
any changes in performance :-)

Gaetan

On Wed, 24 May 2006 10:39:35 +0200, <King.Benjamin at MH-Hannover.DE> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> in a shameless act of self-promotion, I'd like to point you to a new
> distance transform filter that is available for ITK:
>
> http://www.insight-journal.org/InsightJournalManager/view_reviews.php?
> back=publications.php%3Fjournalid%3D4%26order%3D%26revision_display%3D&pubid=90
>
> It computes a generalization of the squared euclidean distance
> transform. Even if you don't have a need for the
> generalized version, it might be of interest because of the performance
> in comparision to
> DanielssonDistanceMapImageFilter. I had speedups of up to 10 and would
> like to know if you get something similar.
>

> Cheers,
>   Benjamin

Gaëtan Lehmann
INRA de Jouy-en-Josas (France)
tel: +33 1 34 65 29 66    fax: 01 34 65 29 09
http://voxel.jouy.inra.fr