[Insight-users] extracting an application, missing symbol

Karthik Krishnan Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
Wed May 24 10:02:11 EDT 2006

Please do this :

1. If you get unresolved symbols on windows, just go to
msdn.microsoft.com/library and type the function name. The import
library should be listed.

>From the MSDN library, which says that the import library is
"user32.lib"
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winui/winui/windowsuserinterface/userinput/mouseinput/mouseinputreference/mouseinputfunctions/trackmouseevent.asp

Make sure user32.lib is in your link list (when building FLTK),
otherwise TrackMouseEvent will not be resolved.

2. Why user32.lib is not already included puzzles me and why the FAQ and
the ITK user list post other answers also puzzle me.

The ITK FAQ says: http://www.itk.org/Wiki/Itk_FAQ you must link to
comctl32.lib ?

And an earlier post says:
http://www.itk.org/pipermail/insight-users/2002-November/001617.html ?

If (1) does not work, I would try these out.

Please let us know what works for you ?

-----
PS: If you built FLTK with CMake, please let us know.
That's worrysome. I thought user32.lib should be linked against by default.
Please post the variable CMAKE_STANDARD_LIBRARIES from your FLTK build's
CMakeCache.txt. Does that not contain user32.lib ?

Thanks
-karthik