[Insight-users] Unable to Compile Registration Example

Geoff Topping g_topping at hotmail.com
Fri May 26 18:38:23 EDT 2006

Hi.

I recently started with ITK.  I've successfully compiled and run the
HelloWorld example in the ITK Software Guide (p. 17) on linux.  However,
when I then attempt to compile the registration example (p. 316), I get a
slew of errors about missing header files:

Scanning dependencies of target DeformableRegistration1
Building CXX object
CMakeFiles/DeformableRegistration1.dir/DeformableRegistration1.o
/home/gtopping/itk/reg2/DeformableRegistration1.cxx:22:33:
itkImageFileReader.h: No such file or directory
/home/gtopping/itk/reg2/DeformableRegistration1.cxx:23:33:
itkImageFileWriter.h: No such file or directory
/home/gtopping/itk/reg2/DeformableRegistration1.cxx:25:44:
itkRescaleIntensityImageFilter.h: No such file or directory
/home/gtopping/itk/reg2/DeformableRegistration1.cxx:26:45:
itkHistogramMatchingImageFilter.h: No such file or directory
/home/gtopping/itk/reg2/DeformableRegistration1.cxx:41:20: itkFEM.h: No such
file or directory
/home/gtopping/itk/reg2/DeformableRegistration1.cxx:42:38:
itkFEMRegistrationFilter.h: No such file or directory

This is then followed by a series of C++ errors along the lines of

`cerr' is not a member of `std'

or

expected `;' before "movingReader"

etc.

I assume the former issue is causing the latter, and that this is a fairly
simple problem...  I've googled the lists and found nothing relevant.

Thanks,
Geoff