[Insight-users] Metric in deformable registration

Michelangelo Paci pax.dark00 at gmail.com
Sat May 27 03:00:41 EDT 2006

Hi,
I've a little problem with deformable registration in particular with the
Demons and the FEM-based.
In the doxygen documentation i can see about the Demons registration that
the method getMetric() returns the value of the mean square difference in
intensities between the moving and the fixed, computed in the overlapping
region, so I can obtain a value for each iteration in std::out.
Setting the same metric (mean square values) in the FEM-based method I
obtain very higher values, even if the metric is the same,so I thought that
the value called energy in the log of the FEM-based mtehod is not the value
of the metric. But which is the meaning of computing the metric only in the
overlapped region? For example, if I've 2 images 50 x 50 x 50, couldn't I
compute the metric involving all the 125000 voxels?

I can't understand
Help Me, please!
Michelangelo