[Insight-users] How to compute "PCA shape model"?

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Sat May 27 15:41:40 EDT 2006

This is a longstanding gap in the documentation.

In brief, you will need to generate signed distance maps of a set of
training shapes, and pass them to the PCAShapeModelEstimator class.
You may then choose to divide the returned "shape mode" images (note
that output zero from the model estimator is the mean image) by the
reported standard deviations, as described in the example.

Let me know if more detail is required.

Zach Pincus

Program in Biomedical Informatics and Department of Biochemistry
Stanford University School of Medicine