[Insight-users] What kind of C++ knowledge I need to know in order to use ITK?

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Wed Oct 11 17:37:42 EDT 2006

Hi,

Le Wed, 11 Oct 2006 18:04:11 +0200, daniel mark <danielmarkhot at gmail.com>
a écrit:

> Hello all:
>
> I would like to start to learn ITK. However, I found the lots of C++
> techniques used by ITK is strange to me.
>
> For example:
> itk::Functor::Acos< TInput, TOutput >

This is generic programming.
Try to search "template c++ tutorial" on google, and you will find lots of
very good introductions to generic programming

> I know this is a kind of silly question, but I really need to get some
> helps.

You can also try the python, tcl, and java wrappers if you feel more
confortable with one of those languages.

Gaetan

> Thank you
> -Daniel

Gaëtan Lehmann
INRA de Jouy-en-Josas (France)
tel: +33 1 34 65 29 66    fax: 01 34 65 29 09
http://voxel.jouy.inra.fr