[Insight-users] Need Help Getting Started

Wilson Yip wilson.yip at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 15:56:23 EDT 2006

Hi there,

I've just started using ITK and am trying to understand how to start using
it (the hello world example), so please bear with me.

The error I got when I tried to build the helloWorld project using Visual
C++ 6.0  is:

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "ITKCommon.lib"

Here is what I did:

1)       Use CMakeSetup.exe to configure the Insight Tool Kit directory
(where all of the files for ITK were installed) and output binaries to
another directory called Build.

2)       Next I used CMake to configure the source directory where I have
the helloWorld example (helloWorld.cxx and CMakeLists.txt), using the Build
directory from step 1.

3)       I ran the helloWorld workspace (helloWorld.dsw) in MS Visual C++ 6
and clicked build

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? Was I not supposed to
perform step 1?

Thanks,

Wilson