[Insight-users] cmake does not include txx files in the vs 8 solution

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Oct 23 09:29:55 EDT 2006

Hi Ali,

Your description of the problem seems to be incomplete.

You probably mean to say that you don't see the .txx files listed
in the Visual Studio IDE when you load the ITK.sln project.

Notice that because ITK is a templated toolkit, the .txx *do not*
get compiled into libraries. This is perfectly normal.  The .txx
only get compiled when you instantiate the types in your application.

This will be the case for any toolkit based on C++ templates.