[Insight-users] Please Help ... How to Register two volumes using only --- xyz Translation, Rotation about z-axis only, and xyz anisotropic Scaling ???

Deepak Roy cdeepakroy at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 25 11:59:49 EDT 2006

Hello,

I want to do registeration of two image volumes ...

each of them have different spacing but the same dimension and voxel type.

Also both of them are from the same modality.

But i want the registration to use only the following set of transformations:

>>> Translation along  x,y,z axis

>>> Rotation along z-axis onlye

>>> Anisotropic scaling along x,y,z.

None of the transforms available seem to allow me to implement this combination.

>>> AffineTransform includes shearing which i dont want.

>>> Similarity3DTransform implements homogenous scaling, but i want anisotropic scaling.

Also i dont know how to restrict the rotations to happen around the z-axis only.

Is this possible with one of the existing transform classes or do i have to write a custom transform class ???

Please Help !!!!!!

Thanks in advance !!!!!

Eagerly waiting for your reply !!!