[Insight-users] help on registering two label volume (mask volumes)

Alex Houston ahouston_29 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 27 00:16:46 EDT 2006

I am trying to register/allign two manually labelled volumes. Both have different spacing (in X and Y but same in Z) and different dimensions (in Z)...I know ITK does take of this things in registration but just want to make sure.

Can anybody guide me what is best filter to use

1. I  plan to do elastic registration

2. I plan to do rigid registration + scaling

3. Any particular metric or optimizer  I need to use because I have labels (having values 1,2,3.4) in uint8 volume

Thanks in advance