[Insight-users] DeformableRegistration7.cxx gives worse results

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Aug 4 18:05:19 EDT 2007

Hi Emma,

1) Thanks for uploading the "Before/After" images.

    You seem to have a pixel type problem.

    The images are probably 16-bits in its original form,
    and in the code you are loading them in 8bits (unsigned char)
    pixel type. You end up with the lower bits of the actual image.

    You *MUST* start by fixing the pixel type problem.
    No registration method will work by feeding it with the
    noisy lower bits of the pixel values.

    If your image is from a CT scan, you probably should use

         typedef    signed short      PixelType;

    instead of

         typedef    unsigned char     PixelType;

2) Yes, the bulk transform is available.

    Please, please, please if you report an error, be kind
    and include the *EXACT* error message in your email.

    Just saying that the program gives you an error,
    doesn't help us much.

             Did it failed to compile ?
             Did it failed to link ?
             Did the program crash ?
             Did it throw an exception ?

     Please let us know what error message you get.

3) Thanks for posting the code.

       Please start by changing the PixelType.

4) If you continue experiencing problems,
    it will be useful if you upload the Fixed and Moving
    images that you are trying to register.