[Insight-users] AnalyzeImageIo defaults to writing incorrectly oriented files by default

Hans J. Johnson hans-johnson at uiowa.edu
Sun Aug 12 10:31:44 EDT 2007

Malempati,

If you are interested in forcing AnalyzeImageIO compliance, you may want to
force that ITKIO_DEPRECATED_METADATA_ORIENTATION  is undefined by adding a
compiler option:  -UITKIO_DEPRECATED_METADATA_ORIENTATION.

By default the the AnalyzeImageIO is backwards compatible with it original
implementation (which was unfortunately incorrectly implemented).  The
default build of ITK writes files that are incorrectly coded as transverse
orientation when the direction cosines are not one of the valid 6 Analyze75
orientations.

I hope this helps. Be careful, right/left image swapping is easy to do!

Hans
--
Hans J. Johnson, Ph.D.
Hans-johnson at uiowa.edu

278 GH
The University of Iowa
Iowa City, IA 52241
(319) 353 8587

> From: MALEMPATI <deepa_malempati at rediff.com>
> Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 20:43:21 -0700 (PDT)
> To: <insight-users at itk.org>
> Subject: Re: [Insight-users] AnalyzeImageIo
>

> Thank u for u'r help Hans.it helped me a lot.
> Regards,
> Malempati.
>
> Hans Johnson wrote:
>>
>> Malempati,
>>
>> ITK now uses direction cosine's  instead of these tags.  You will need to
>> ensure that image->GetDirection() returns the desired direction cosine for
>> the code you want in the file, and then send that image to the image file
>> writer.
>>
>> Hans
>>
>> --
>> Hans J. Johnson, Ph.D.
>> Hans-johnson at uiowa.edu
>>
>> 278 GH
>> The University of Iowa
>> Iowa City, IA 52241
>> (319) 353 8587
>>

>>> From: MALEMPATI <deepa_malempati at rediff.com>
>>> Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 22:29:48 -0700 (PDT)
>>> To: <insight-users at itk.org>
>>> Subject: [Insight-users] AnalyzeImageIo
>>>

>>> Hi,
>>> I wish to have an unflipped analyze output file for the Registration
>>> process.How could i set TK_ANALYZE_ORIENTATION_RPI_TRANSVERSE to the
>>> ValidAnalyzeOrientationFlags.I could not get it solved.Thank u in Advance
>>> for any Help.
>>> Regards,