[Insight-users] Methods of RelabelComponentImageFilter

gkaremore at scai.fraunhofer.de gkaremore at scai.fraunhofer.de
Mon Aug 20 13:03:19 EDT 2007

Dear All

After processing an image through RelabelComponentImageFilter , there are
22 classes (Components in an image). I want those component whose physical
size is less than the threshold. In another words I want only smaller
component in the image. I know RelabelComponentImageFilter filter gives
output in descending order of pixel count in lebels. But Is there any
method in RelabelComponentImageFilter where we can select perticular
component only on the size basis. I want all the larger component whose
size > threshold to be relabeled to background color ie (Black 1). How to
do this??

In another words how to select perticular label and how to change its
color (1-255) to the background.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely
Gopal Karemore

Zimmer no: 332
The Department of Bioinformatics
The Fraunhofer Institute for Algorithm Developement  and Scientific Computing
St. Augustin, Bonn
Germany 53754

Email : gkaremore at scai.fraunhofer.de
        gopal.karemore at gmail.com