[Insight-users] disabling unknown field warnings with tif reader

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 11:10:29 EDT 2007

Gaetan,

There is a call in the itktiff library: TIFFSetWarningHandler that sets a
global variable to a handler for the warnings. If you call it with a 0
argument, I think it will suppress the warnings.

A more general solution would be to add a virtual SuppressWarningsOn/Off
method to itkImageIOBase. Then each ImageIO could perform IO specific
warning suppression. The ImageFileReader and ImageFileWriter could have the
same methods and call the image IO's SuppressWarningsOn/Off.

Bill