[Insight-users] Need advice on choosing a GUI framework

Maarten Nieber hallomaarten at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 27 13:23:43 EDT 2007

Hi,

I would like to know opinions on which GUI framework will likely have the broadest support from the medical image processing community.
At the moment, we are using Qt, but since we want to get rid of the Qt license, we are contemplating FLTK and wxWidgets.
Of course, the design quality and ease-of-use of these two libraries is important, but equally important to us is the (future) availability of medical image processing widgets for these GUI frameworks.

If you have an idea of which library will have more support, I would appreciate your opinion.

Best regards,

Maarten Nieber
Computational Imaging Laboratory,
Pompeu Fabra University,