[Insight-users] Re: universal compile error on OSX - itkopenjpeg

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Tue Aug 28 10:41:19 EDT 2007

On 8/28/07 10:58 AM, Dan White said:

>I am using wrapITK which requires shared libs...
>... should that make any difference..?  Doesnt seem to be a liner
>problem, rather the compiler?

I've never tried wrapITK, it may or may not need shared libs.  I
suggested trying static libs as a troubleshooting test.

>> BTW, if CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES has only one item (ex i386, like
>> above)
>> it is totally ignored and CMake will build for the 'native'
>> system.  On
>> your Mac Pro you'll get i386 anyway.  But if, on a Mac Pro, you set it
>> to only "ppc" you'll still get i386!  Just a FYI. :)
>>

>Yes I noticed that..
>this "feature" is in the CMake bug tracker already right (same for
>VTK?)  ? Or should i add it to an existing  bug report for CMake
>universal build setup if there is one...its hard to find bugs by name
>on the kitware tracker of you dont know the number of the bug...

<http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=3618>
Maybe it would help if you added a note to the bug, saying you too would
like it fixed.

>funny how i didnt see this before.....  i did make a universal build
>of ITK 3.2.0 some time on or before july 5th on a intel mac that runs
>on a G5. ....
>  when did OSX 10.4.10 come out... maybe its that?

We are building universal on 10.4.10....

>As far as i can tell i'm not doing anything else different, apart
>from I am now using cmake 2.4.7 not 2.4.6.

...using 2.4.7.

>but in any case these shared libs are going into a double
>clickable .app,
>so they need to be shared not static, right?

I don't see why.  You could simply link the static lib into the
application.  Should be easier really, as you won't need to care about
the install_name.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com