[Insight-users] Negative values inside a shape using SignedMaurerDistanceMapImageFilter

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Thu Aug 30 14:11:03 EDT 2007

Hi,

In the SignedMaurerDistanceMapImageFilter, the object are not defined
by their bourders, but by the label of their pixel. All the pixels
above 0 are inside the object, the other are outside.

In your example, the center of the shape is *outside* the object, and
that's why you get positive values. To get negative values, you have
to fill your object, for example with the
GrayscaleFillholeImageFilter, before computing the distance map.
Something like:

o o o o o o o o
o o o x x o o o
o o x x x x o o