[Insight-users] Can BinaryDilateImageFilter be used for 3D images?

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Fri Jan 12 03:07:33 EST 2007

Le Fri, 12 Jan 2007 08:54:48 +0100, Gaëtan Lehmann
<gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr> a écrit:

> Hi,
>
> Le Fri, 12 Jan 2007 07:07:21 +0100, Shahabuddin Ansari
> <ansari_shahab at yahoo.com> a écrit:
>
>> Hello,
>>  Can we use BinaryDilateImageFilter for 3D images?
>
> yes, and even with any other dimension
>
>> If yes, then would it initialize structuringElement.SetRadius( 1 ) to a
>> 3x3x3 matrix?
>
> exactly :-)

hum, that's wrong

the filter initialize the structuring element with a size of 0 for all the
dimensions. It mean that the matrix size is 1x1x1.
And the content of the structuring element is not initialized - that's up
to you to do that - There is a CreateStructuringElement() method in the
BinaryBallStructuringElement class to do that.

  Gaetan

--
Gaëtan Lehmann
INRA de Jouy-en-Josas (France)