[Insight-users] reading writing multiple dicom files

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Jan 15 17:00:26 EST 2007

Hi Ashish,

You can reuse a reader for reading multiple
series from a directory.

It is however a common mistake to not initilize
the reader properly when it is set inside a for
loop.

Please post your code to the list so we can give
you more specific advice.

Also, please describe your goal more precisely.
In particular: are those 2D DICOM files or are
they multi-frame DICOM files ?

Are you trying to read 3D volumes that are stored
as a collection of 2D DICOM files ?, with multiple
volumes being stored in the same directory ?

BTW, please make sure that you put the Update()
call inside a try/catch block. It is very likely
that the reader is throwing an exception telling
you what the problem is, and you may not be seeing
this message. You will find many examples of how
to use a try/catch block in the ITK Software Guide.