[Insight-users] Reading .img files from IBSR

Martin Styner martin_styner at ieee.org
Tue Jan 16 04:32:16 EST 2007

Hi Christian and Luis

and don't forget another viewing option

f) InsightSNAP in
InsightApplications/SNAP
or download at http://www.itksnap.org/download/snap/
(like Slicer this one can show you the label/segmentation images
overlaid on top the grayscale image, as well as a 3D rendering of the
labels)

Best regards
Martin

On Jan 16, 2007, at 12:09 AM, Luis Ibanez wrote:

> Hi Christian,
>

> You will find multiple options for visualizing images.
>

> a) Use the ImageViewer in
>
>      InsightApplications/ImageViewer
>
>    this will require that you install or build FLTK
>

> b) Use VTK. You will find examples under
>

>      InsightApplications/Auxiliary/vtk
>

> c) Use Paraview   www.paraview.org
>

> d) Use Slicer     www.slicer.org
>

> e) Use MRICro
>    http://www.sph.sc.edu/comd/rorden/mricro.html
>

>   Regards,
>

>      Luis
>

> ---------------------------------
>> Yay! It works! Or at least I think it does, the program does not
>> produce an error message.
>> So to another problem. How to I actually view the images? The ITK
>> Software Guide does not mention this as far as i can tell. Is
>> there any tutorials on this somewhere?
>> Christian.

Martin Styner, PhD. Eng. ETH
Research Assistant Professor
Neurodevelopmental Disorders Research Center
Departments of Computer Science and Psychiatry
CB 3175, Sitterson Hall
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3175
Tel CS: 919 962 1909
Cell:   919 260 6674