[Insight-users] Anyone built ITK + Java bindings on OS X?

Blair Cruz blair.cruz at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 17:55:46 EST 2007

Hello Again,
I've been at this for a few days now and I'm out of ideas.  Please,
please let me know if you have ANY ideas that may help.  Again, heres
what's going on:

I need to build ITK with the java bindings on OS X.  I can build
ITK+Java Bindings on XP/Visual Studion 8.  I can build ITK without
Java Bindings on OS X/Xcode.

If I build CableSwig outside of ITK I get the following error:
------------------
2007-01-21 12:25:23.358 xcodebuild[9899] CFLog (0):
CFPropertyListCreateFromXMLDat
a(): Old-style plist parser: missing
semicolon in dictionary.
2007-01-21 12:25:23.393 xcodebuild[9899] CFLog (0):
CFPropertyListCreateFromXMLData(): The file name for this data might
be (or it might not):
/Users/jannettdean/Desktop/JC_Stuff/cableBuild/CableSwig.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj
2007-01-21 12:25:23.489 xcodebuild[9899] XML parser error:
       Unexpected character / at line 1
Old-style plist parser error:
       Missing ';' on line 531
xcodebuild: Error: couldn't load project
/Users/jannettdean/Desktop/JC_Stuff/cableBuild/CableSwig.xcodeproj
-----------------

If I build CableSwig with ITK I get the following error:
----------------
 CMake Error: Cannot find gcc_platform.cmake.
----------------
I found a thread regarding this here:
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/insight-users/2004-December/011585.html
And tried what was recommended but that did not resolve the error.

I haved tried so many different ways to build and nothing works.  My
only OS X machine is an old iBook, so it's really painful testing
different ways to build.  Every cmake configuration takes about 20
minutes.

Does anyone have a CableSwig binary for OS X that I could use?  Or the
compiled libraries+jar for the java bindings.  I have all my ITK+ Java
bindings code written and I really need to port it to a mac.

My environment is:
OS: OS X 10.4.6
CMake:  2.4 patch 6
Xcode: DevToolsCore-762.0; DevToolsSupport-764.0

Thanks,
Blair Cruz