[Insight-users] Re: Cartesian to polar filter in ITK

Jakub Bican jakub.bican at matfyz.cz
Mon Jan 22 04:54:57 EST 2007

The contribution referenced by Moti will help you to transform image between
cartesian and polar (generally multidimensional cylindrical) coordinates.
You need to use these transforms with ResampleImageFilter to compute the
transformation (see ITK Software Guide section 6.9.4 Resample Image Filter).
Note, that to transform image from cartesian to polar coordinates, you need
to use PolarToCartesianTransform, because ITK is using transforms to map
points from output space to input space. If you have any problems or
questions, feel free to ask me.

Unfortunately, these transforms do only polar mapping. If you need to make
log-polar mapping, i can assist you to write your own transform.

Jakub