[Insight-users] Origin of Analyze Format data

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Jan 24 09:57:49 EST 2007

Hi Tanya,

Since Analyze does not store the origin of the dataset,
you may have to go back to your image provider.

Chances are that there is an origin DICOM dataset
sitting in some directory, or in a PACS system.

When you read the analyze file with ITK the origin
will simply be set to the default of (0,0,0).

You will still be able to register this images.

The only difference is that you have to be careful
with the interpretation of the resulting transform.

That is, the transform will be good enough for
doing things like resampling the image, and
performing visualization, but it will not be
good enough for driving an image guided surgery
system.