[Insight-users] What happened to Analyze and GDCM ImageIO???

Markus Weigert m.weigert at fz-juelich.de
Wed Jan 24 12:37:24 EST 2007

Hi there,

after upgrading from ITK 2.8.1 to 3.0.0 I ran in several problems regarding
dicom and analyze image IO.
First, I can not write Analyze images any more (it says that I would use a
wrong image direction which was not supported by analyze format).
Further, exported dicom files can not be read using non-itk dicom software.
Also, it gives me lots of warnings as "non-DICOM and non-ITK standard
key = xxxx|xxxx" when writing dicom images.
I already found a post to the mailing list concerning these problems, but I
didn't find a proper answer.
I noticed that problems with ImageIO occured quite often (at least for me),
when upgrading the toolkit what made code - changes unavoidable
(for example changing cleartext dicom key values to xxxx|xxxx format) .
I think it would make a great deal if these changes wouldn't immediately
find their way to the users especially as imageio is a common operation.

Best Regards,
Markus