[Insight-users] Image Series Iterator

Felix Bollenbeck bollen at ipk-gatersleben.de
Mon Jan 29 05:20:57 EST 2007

Hi all,
Im new to C++ and Itk too....so please excuse my this very basic
question...:)
The itk  SoftwarewareGuide is certainly the best piece of docs I've seen
so far, Thank you very much!
Nevertheless C++ seems a lot more complex than java and matlab :)

so may be someone can point me some directions with my first steps in itk...

I would like to use the itk modules for image registration: I would like
to align a stack of serial 2d sectional images (cereals) to reconstruct
a 3D volume trying different methods, starting with i.e. affine transforms.

For image IO I checked on the imageseriesreadwrite.cxx example.

I need to access each image instance individually.

typedef itk::ImageSeriesReader< ImageType >  ReaderType;

reader->SetImageIO( itk::PNGImageIO::New() );

writer->SetInput( reader->GetOutput() );

how can I write some kind of iterator for the output the reader delivers
in order to access image pairs of images in the series?

TIA & Regards,

Felix.