[Insight-users] Wrong NIFTI orientation after conversion from DICOM

Martin Kavec kavec at messi.uku.fi
Wed Jan 31 05:01:13 EST 2007

Hi,

I get incorrect NIFTI image orientation when I convert it from the SAGITTAL
dicom. For AXIAL dicom, the NIFTI is OK. Could this be a bug in the nifti IO?
I have uploaded sample images (anonimized dicom and converted nifti) to

http://www.uku.fi/~kavec/nifti.tar.bz2

The package also includes a code for conversion application I used, which is
basically example from the ITK distribution, which in addition handles
multiframe (enhanced) dicom images.

I would appreciate, if some could have a look (comment) at the issue.

Thanks,

Martin