[Insight-users] neighborhood defining in 3D Connectivity

Gaetan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Wed Jan 31 11:24:43 EST 2007

Hi Javad,

You can choose the connectivity with the SetFullyConnected( bool ) method.

   in 2D, true set the connectivity to 8,
          false set the connectivity to 4

   in 3D, true set the connectivity to 26,
          false set the connectivity to 6

There is currently now way to use the connectivity 18 in 3D. That
something I and others are thinking about, but that's not done yet.

Regards,

Gaetan

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 16:07:57 +0100, Javad Hasani Bidgoli
<jbidgoli at razi.tums.ac.ir> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am trying to label a 3D binary image by ConnectedComponentImageFilter
> class
> but it seems this class could only support 26-connected. Is there any
> method
> for using different connectivity like 18 and 6 in 3D images?
>
> Thank you in advanced,
> Javad.

Gaëtan Lehmann
INRA de Jouy-en-Josas (France)
tel: +33 1 34 65 29 66    fax: 01 34 65 29 09
http://voxel.jouy.inra.fr