[Insight-users] ITK and Simplex Meshes

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Jul 11 12:10:37 EDT 2007

Hi Nacho,

Combining ITK and VTK is a natural way of adding
visualization capabilities to an application that
uses simplex meshes.

For the details on how to pass an ITK SimplexMesh
to the VTK visualization pipeline, you may want to
look at the code of the application:

   InsightApplications/DeformableModelSimplexMesh

This application combines ITK, VTK and FLTK.

It is intended for performing segmentation using
deformable models. The deformations are computed
in ITK, the visualization is done with VTK, and
the GUI interface is done with FLTK.