[Insight-users] Control of deformation field generation via landmarks?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Jul 11 12:44:26 EDT 2007

Hi Ruben,

The KernelTransform used inside this filter *already* blends
the deformation from one landmark to the next.

You may want to play with replacing the reciprocal elastic body
kernel with the elastic body one.

If you want to see profiles of the different kernels you can
use the application:

         InsightApplications/ThinPlateSplines

You should also play with the value of Stiffness. This parameter
allows to modify the behavior of the KernelTransform from
interpolation to approximation. The default behavior is to
interpolate.

When applying deformations it is wise to add landmarks on the
outside of the image, and to have their homologous landmarks
to be superimposed, so that they generates a constrain of
zero deformation around the image.