[Insight-users] Control of deformation field generation via landmarks?

Ruben Schilling r.b.schilling at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 11 15:20:34 EDT 2007

Hi Luis,

I tested actually all 5 Kernel transforms in ITK for this and I
discovered my problem actually is, that there are no landmarks on the
border of the image. Thus the splines fold however they like to fold
outside of the small landmarks regions. The interpolation near my
landmark positions looks very good though.
I guess what I need is a more or less isotropic copy process (maybe
with slight averaging) of the few displacement vectors I have to
cover all of the image foreground. Is there a filter to do an
isotropic masked extrapolation of a sparse deformation field? If not
I probably need to write one myself.

Regards,
Ruben