[Insight-users] The Insight Journal-New Submission

Blezek, Daniel J (GE, Research) blezek at crd.ge.com
Mon Jul 16 11:51:56 EDT 2007

Hi Steve,

  I to am looking forward to Stephen's optimizations.

  The registration framework is "independent" of the pipeline, more because it is not demand driven, i.e. you call ->StartRegistration() on a registration algorithm object.  The inputs are updated via the pipeline.  The product of registration is a transform which has no concept of the pipeline, so you have to use the transform to drive a resampling process.  So  a basic registration program would read images then register as the first step, then grab the transform and resample as the second step.  This sort of breaks the pipeline concept.

Regards,
-dan