[Insight-users] Problems installing WrapITK on 64-bit Fedora Core 6

Benjamin Goldenberg bgoldenberg at numirabio.com
Mon Jul 16 19:05:48 EDT 2007

> You might want to move this back onto the list as that is out of my area
> a bit.
>
> I would recommend that you do this:
>
> 1. build ITK in some directory  (no make install)  (use -fPIC flag for c
> and C++ compilers.
> 2. build WrapITK using the build directory in 1 for the binary of ITK.

Hi,
I have followed your suggestions and was able to get past some those
errors. However, I now have problems with a file not being found. I also
had this problem when building against an installed version of ITK. Here
is the verbose output:

[  3%] Generating wrap_itkOffset.xml
cd /home/bgoldenberg/new_builds/wrapitkbuild/Modules/Base
&& /usr/local/lib/CableSwig/bin/gccxml -fxml-start=_cable_
-fxml=/home/bgoldenberg/new_builds/wrapitkbuild/Modules/Base/wrap_itkOffset.xml --gccxml-gcc-options /home/bgoldenberg/new_builds/wrapitkbuild/Modules/Base/gcc_xml.inc -DCSWIG -DCABLE_CONFIGURATION /home/bgoldenberg/new_builds/wrapitkbuild/Modules/Base/wrap_itkOffset.cxx
/home/bgoldenberg/new_builds/wrapitkbuild/Modules/Base/wrap_itkOffset.cxx:14:39: itkFlatStructuringElement.h: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [Modules/Base/wrap_itkOffset.xml] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bgoldenberg/new_builds/wrapitkbuild'
make[1]: *** [Modules/Base/CMakeFiles/BaseJava.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bgoldenberg/new_builds/wrapitkbuild'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Thanks again,
Benjamin