[Insight-users] Multiple seeds for Fastmarchingimagefilter

Dan Mueller d.mueller at qut.edu.au
Mon Jul 16 19:12:17 EDT 2007

Hi OTL,

Firstly, the \index section is a LaTeX command for adding an entry in
the index. The ITK examples are designed in such a way that the ITK
Software Guide ( http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf ) is generated
directly from the source code files - pretty cool hey?! If you open this
document (see above link) you will see the result in the Index section
at the end of the document.

Now, to edit the example code in
Examples/Segmentation/FastMarchingImageFilter.cxx to add multiple seeds
you need only insert more elements to the NodeContainer:

typedef FastMarchingFilterType::NodeContainer NodeContainer;
typedef FastMarchingFilterType::NodeType NodeType;
NodeContainer::Pointer seeds = NodeContainer::New();

InternalImageType::IndexType seedPosition1;
seedPosition1[0] = 25; // You can read this from the command line if you
want
seedPosition1[1] = 25; // You can read this from the command line if you
want

InternalImageType::IndexType seedPosition2;
seedPosition2[0] = 50; // You can read this from the command line if you
want
seedPosition2[1] = 50; // You can read this from the command line if you
want

const double seedValue = 0.0;

NodeType node1;
node1.SetValue( seedValue );
node1.SetIndex( seedPosition1 );

NodeType node2;
node2.SetValue( seedValue );
node2.SetIndex( seedPosition2 );

seeds->Initialize();
seeds->InsertElement( 0, node1 ); // Adds the first seed position
seeds->InsertElement( 1, node2 ); // Adds the second seed position
                                  // You can add as many seeds as you want

Hope this helps!

Cheers, Dan