[Insight-users] problem about the ITKAPP-IntensityBased2D3DRegistration

jimmy jimmy_lab at 163.com
Tue Jul 17 11:45:03 EDT 2007

Hi, everyone:

When I running the ITKAPP [IntensityBased2D3DRegistration],
an error occurs as the following:

itk::ExceptionObject (00F7FCD0)
Location: "void __thiscall itk::RegularStepGradientDescentBaseOptimizer::Advance
OneStep(void)"
File: \Vtk_itk\ITKSource\Code\Numerics\itkRegularStepGradientDescentBaseOptimize
r.cxx
Line: 200
 of Scales is 6, but the NumberOfParameters for the CostFunction is 9.

Can someone tell my why?   ( The test example is from BrainWeb )

1.
Is it the problem of
itk::Optimizer::ScalesType weightings( 6 );  ?

What does it use for?  How to expand it into 9?

2.
And when I ignore the option of the command line
 ./IntensityBased2D3DRegistration [-t -100 -100 -100] projection.mhd /data/BrainWeb/brainweb165a10f17.mha

The iteration of optimizer is 0, and the parameters of transform do not change.
furthermore the programe crashed when writing the wrong result image.

Do you think it is more reasonable that we should not input any tranformation information before registration?