[Insight-users] Inexperienced with ITK and Tcl

jtaclas at bidmc.harvard.edu jtaclas at bidmc.harvard.edu
Tue Jul 24 14:16:45 EDT 2007

My general question would be about resources I might use to learn how to work with ITK using Tcl; reading C++ examples doesn't really help me much.

At the moment, I'm having trouble reading a series of DICOM images; the containing directory has 2 sets of data interleaved, so I'm wondering if using the 'SetUseSeriesDetails' thing would help me.

This was in the example DicomSeriesReadImageWrite2.cxx

typedef itk::GDCMSeriesFileNames NamesGeneratorType;
NamesGeneratorType::Pointer nameGenerator = NamesGeneratorType::New();
nameGenerator->SetUseSeriesDetails( true );
nameGenerator->SetDirectory( argv[1] );

but I have no idea how to get that to work in Tcl.  Part of my code is

set reader [itkImageSeriesReaderUS2_New]
set dicomIO [itkGDCMImageIO_New]
set nameGenerator [itkGDCMSeriesFileNames_New]      <---Does not work
$nameGenerator [SetUseSeriesDetails true]
$nameGenerator SetDirectoryName [file join [file dirname [info script]] DIRECTORY]