[Insight-users] Anatomical Landmarks in MRI data

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Jul 26 17:56:58 EDT 2007

Hi Lars,

One option is to register a brain atlas to the image of the patient,
and to have pre-identified in the Atlas (maybe manually) the position
of all the landmarks that you need.

You could then use the Transform resulting from the image registration
to map the (manually identified) landmarks from the Atlas into the
coordinate system of the patient's image.

You will find information about image registration in ITK in the
ITK Software Guide:

          http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

As brain Atlas you could use the BrainWeb images or the Brain
Atlas of the SPL,... or actually any other brain image that you
may have at hand.