[Insight-users] Curved Planar Reformatting for Vessels

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Jul 29 19:06:16 EDT 2007

Hi Dan,

   Your suggestion seem to be a good way to go.

You can use any of the KernelTransforms along with
the ResampleImageFilter.

Just feed the TargetLandmarks array with the points
that you have in the center line of your vessel image.

Set the SourceLandmarks to be located in a simple
straight line.

Note that the "source" space is where the reformated
image will be created. Resampling is done by visiting
all the pixels in the "flattened" image and finding
their corresponding locations in the original image.

The followingg Examples can help you get started:

    Insight/Examples/Registration/
              ThinPlateSplineWarp.cxx
              LandmarkWarping2.cxx

    Note that if you want to see the deformation
    field (e.g. using ParaView) you may want to
    use the "itkDeformationFieldSource" class as
    illustrated in the LandmarkWarping2.cxx
    example.

         This could be a nice paper
         for the Insight Journal  :-)