[Insight-users] Curved Planar Reformatting for Vessels

Dan Mueller d.mueller at qut.edu.au
Thu Jul 19 19:51:46 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I am interested in visualizing vessels using curved planar reformatting
(CPR): the vessel is stretched flat along the centerline and the
surrounds deformed to accommodate.

Does ITK implement curved planar reformatting for 3-D images?

I have been unable to find any existing functions in ITK to achieve this
easily. The itkExtractOrthogonalSwath2DImageFilter is close, but appears
to only work on 2-D images. I suspect I might be able to use a
deformable transform coupled with the itkResampleImageFilter, but
obviously the difficulty is in specifying the transform kernel given an
itkPolyLineParametricPath. Currently I am able to extract paths
representing the centerlines, but I'm stuck as to where to go from
there. Does anyone have any pointers / ideas?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers, Dan