[Insight-users] Execution away from compilation

Wes Turner wes.turner at kitware.com
Mon Jul 30 10:38:38 EDT 2007

Check out the  vcredist package from microsoft.  Things changed and it is
now harder to do manually.  Executing this program on the target system
frequently resolves the problem:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235299(VS.80).aspx<http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235299%28VS.80%29.aspx>
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en

- Wes

On 7/29/07, Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez at kitware.com> wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> You may want to try the Dependency walker:
>
>      http://www.dependencywalker.com/
>
> It helps you identify which ones of the DLL that
> your executable needs are not being found in your
> system.
>

>     Regards,
>

>        Luis
>

> ---------------------
> Michael Baltaxe wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am trying to move my program to another computer and execute it there,
> > but haven't been unsuccessful on it. I compiled using Windows Vista and
> > Visual Studio 2005, while the other computer runs Windows Server 2003.
> > My compilation was done on release mode, just as ITK source, with
> > BUILD_SHARED_LIBRARIES OFF.
> >
> > So far I have copied all my release folder to the Windows Server
> > platform (.exe, .lib, .exp files), and I get the following message:
> >
> > "The system cannot execute the specified program"
> >
> > I guess I am missing some libraries, but I am not sure. Can some one
> > point me in the right direction here?
> >
> > Thanks a lot,
> >
> > Michael.

Wesley D. Turner, Ph.D.