[Insight-users] DICOM'ing with ITK

Zein Salah salah at gris.uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Jun 5 07:58:41 EDT 2007

Hello everybody,

Maybe my question is silly and has been asked before, but I am getting confused
about reading and writing DICOM data with ITK. My question is:

I want to import a DICOM dataset into my program, process it internally as an
ITK-image, do some segmentations, and store the segmentation results together
with the original DICOM dataset (maybe export these to a new DICOM file).
So, is this possible with ITK functionality? Do I have to install DCMTK or just GDCM?

Many thanks,
Zein