[Insight-users] DICOM'ing with ITK

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Jun 5 08:56:17 EDT 2007

Hi Zein,

         Yes, you can do this with ITK.

The easy way to store the segmentation is as an
independent DICOM file.

Please read the ITK Software Guide

    http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

in particular the Chapter

       "Reading and Writing Images"

where you will find instructions on how to write images
in DICOM files and how to pass the DICOM tags from an
input series. ITK will use GDCM for this.

The GDCM library is already distributed along with ITK in
the Utilities subdirectory, so you don't need to download
any additional software.