[Insight-users] So many warnings after moving with ITK to VS 2005

Zein Salah salah at gris.uni-tuebingen.de
Fri Jun 8 08:27:18 EDT 2007

Hello everybody,

After I upgrade my environment to Visual Studio 2005, I am getting -by compiling my programs- a long list of warnings. Most are like the one below

D:\InsightApplications320\Auxiliary\FltkImageViewer\SliceView.h(492) : warning C4996: 'sprintf' was declared deprecated
        C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\include\stdio.h(345) : see declaration of 'sprintf'
        Message: 'This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE. See online help for details.'

Can I do anything against this? Is there something I should correct? Or I can simply ignore these warnings?

Many thanks in advance,

Zein